Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Angry Birds' World Domination

Okay, I feel pretty comfortable stating that 'Angry Birds' is taking over the world. The popular game started out just being on phones, and now has been made into a board game, carnival game, and now is about to be released as an animated television show. This move will make it the first original mobile IP to be transitioned into another form of mass media. I am kind of curious to see who they are going to market it to. I mean, sure kids play the game along with adults, but realistically, it is going to be a cartoon about suicidal birds who try to kill pigs. Doesn't really seem kid-friendly to me... but I am impressed. This phenomenon has managed to make it to every platform imaginable!

The 'Angry Birds' board game

The 'Angry Birds' carnival game

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. thats a lil crazy!! I play that game almost everyday on my phone -- i didnt realize it had blown into all of the other stuff lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either I'm living in a cave, or "angry birds" has as of yet not completely conquered the world, 'cuase I've never heard of 'em. On the other hand, I do live up in the cold frostbitten North so maybe we just haven't been hit yet. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to do some googling on these things. I've been seeing them every where and have no idea what they are.

    ReplyDelete