Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Robot-Dinosaur Home Alarm? Yes, Please!

A $19,000 robotic triceratops that patrols your house taking pictures of would-be burglars. What could be better? Ever since 'The Land Before Time', triceratops has been my favorite dinosaur, and now I can have one... as soon as I have $19,000. According to reports:

"The Banryu bots were designed to patrol homes and photograph and would-be intruders using a camera installed in their snouts, but their plodding pace (3 meters a minute) made them questionably useful. TMSUK later created a zippier, 15-meter-per-minute Banryu model (that could also detect carbon monoxide leaks), but sadly the whole "cybernetic dinosaur home security" trend never really took off."

 I just don't know if I want to live in a society that does not appreciate Robotic danger-sensing dinosaurs. 

6 comments:

  1. This is what I want for my birthday...if you have to sell some of your eggs, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would suck to get up in the middle of the night and fall on the thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Princess! I found you through my blog.

    I think this is the coolest security device I've ever seen. It would capture great shots because the intruder would just stare right at in awe... Or maybe pick it up and throw it? My latter point would be the downside, I guess.

    Also, I like how you framed it in the beginning. I was wondering why such a cute little dinosaur cost so much and it, combined with your personal touch, kept me very engaged.

    It's so nice to meet you!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brandy, see I didn't even think of that, but with how accident prone I tend to be, that is a good point! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashley Thanks hon! I am glad that you like it! :) I just thought the whole robot dinosaur was too good to pass up, I had to blog about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo!!!! Better burglar keep away-er than leaving dirty diapers around doors and windows (that is all I can afford at the moment!)

    ReplyDelete