Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3- A picture of the cast from your favorite show

So, call me a geek all you want, Buffy is the best show ever to be on television. Joss Whedon is pretty much my hero, and I will never really understand why the networks can't see the genius, but whatev. That's why god invented tv on dvd, right? :) Okay, so while Buffy is my favorite show of all time, there are a few others that are close competitors. Angel, Chuck, Battlestar Galactica, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Eureka, and Criminal Minds are all shows that I consider to be brilliant beyond belief. So maybe I am a little bit of a geek, I can handle that. If any of you naysayers out there are judging me on this choice, thinking perhaps that Buffy is a silly show about teenagers fighting mythical creatures, I will remind you that Buffy started the whole mainstream-vampire thing. Yes, I know Bram Stoker and Anne Rice wrote about vampires before 1997, but Buffy is responsible for the vampire pop culture craze. So before you judge, just think, without Whedon's vision, you wouldn't have your True blood obsession, there would be no Team Edward/Team Jacob feud, and cinematic masterpieces (I jest) like Vampire Diaries might have never been on the air. :)

4 comments:

  1. if you like vampire stuff you have to watch Tru Blood! im not really into all the vampire stuff but i watched season 1 of Tru Blood and it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I didn't really think that I was going to like True Blood, but I have watched the first season, and half of the second, and so far I really like it :) I love vampire stuff, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be a nay sayer but I think it might be a bit of a stretch to say that Buffy the Vampire slayer is to be credited for the recent vampire craze seeing as how Buffy's hayday was over 11 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some Vampire on the tv for sure! I have yet to see an episode of Buffy... tragic!

    ReplyDelete